Sunday, July 18, 2010

Staying on track

I have a total of four paint jars but I can only find two. Those two should allow me to get the eleven XV-8's completed. That will leave me with twelve XV-8's left in their orgional paint scheme and the eight in the Farsight Bodyguard for a total of twenty. The Farsight Bodyguard still needs to get primed black before it gets painted mechrite red.

After the XV-8's are done I will move onto the XV-88's or Broadsides. I have three that are primed black, and six that are still in their orgional paint scheme. Again the XV-88's will have to be rebaised. The good thing is that the railroad ballast is comming right off due to the clear PVA glue that I used. Not saying that the glue is bad, just that it has gotten old and has cracked, leaving the ballast to crack and rise off the base.

After the XV-88's are done I will move on the the Stealth Suits or the XV-25's. I should be able to get more done per jar do the the fact that the XV-25's are half the size of the XV-8's. I have a total of 48 Stealth Suits, six of which are the old XV-15's. The XV-15's are the older all metal Stealth Suits that orgionally came out when the Tau were first started in 3rd addition Warhammer 40K.

In the Apoclypse style of games there are formations. One of formation is the Nighthunter Stealth Formation. That formation mainly has multiple squads of Stealth Suits with a command section. The Apoclypse Book had XV-15 series of suits in the command section becasue the more experienced warriors favored the smaller suits because of a smaller signature. Hey its Games-Workshop, its their game, its their fluff, its cool, I have XV-15 miniatures in my command section.

Overall things are comming along pretty well. I have almost turned all the models on one shelf mechrite red. After that its downhill with six devilfish, nine piranhas and one A-X-10.

That leaves 216 Firewarriors left. I have been going back and forth on how to do the Firewarriors. I want them to match my army I am in a bind. If I paint the metallic parts of the XV-8's black the red plates wont match any of the Firewarriors. If I prime the Firewarriors grey then I have to hand paint 216 models with mechrite red. I am really leaning twords making the army look like a cohesive force and I am still leaning on airbrushing the Firewarriors mechrite red and the filling in the underarmor gray. That would make the army look like it belongs together and would stay true the colors that are supposed to go with a Farsight Enclave.

Ok so I am still so far staying on a path going forward.

So the current is for the XV-8's is mechrite red for base, tracing with 50/50 watered down black, and with gray sept marking. (please GW dont write Farsight out of the next codex. I really dont want to have to change to Fal'shia). The interworkings will be black with gray highlights and I am thinking for blue lenses for the face and multitrackers. Highlights will be in red. Not sure what color the sept markings will be in. I am not sure wether to go some sort of blue or gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment